Thursday, November 19, 2009

Trace all download processes??

I have a 3G HSDPA card with limited mb's for download. As soon as I connect to the internet, and even if I don't open internet explorer or my enail agent, after a few seconds it starts using up mb's by downloading something - just that I don't know what is downloading. Have tried to switch off all auto downloads, but some must still be running. Any trace tool I can download and use that will show me what is still set to download/update automatically? Thanks

Trace all download processes??
The safest and best way to do that is by installing a good firewall. I am usin Zone Alarm now, but I won't say it's the best. The free solutions are an option too, but if you buy a firewall, you will be protected.





Basically a firewall is a gateway and it will only let through programs what you allow it too. It's the easyest way to block unwanted downloads. The downside of the firewall is that it might lock programs which you would like to give acces to, but with a good configuration you are well protected.

pets

No comments:

Post a Comment