Thursday, November 19, 2009

Unable to download attachments?

've been trying to download attachments (size over 150kb) from my email to my computer. I never had a problem before, but now when I download the file is empty. In fact an attached file I downloaded with no problems 2 months ago, is now not downloading.





I've also tried uploading files of similar size to email (no problem there) and sending them to myself. When I do this, I find I cannot download the attachment from the email I sent myself.





Smaller attachments seem to download OK. Larger ones do not save onto my computer and the "file" is saved as a name only with oKb.








Help?

Unable to download attachments?
hi, i had the same problem last week not being able to download and open email attachments larger than 5ookb. my issue was within an old version of norton internet security which i had to re-install on my computer. when i un-installed it, i was able to download and open the attachments. i have installed mcafee security programs instead of the norton security programs. there may be other incompatibility issues related to the download problem. i've upgrade my computer with winxp pro sp2 along with all the window updates to get my computer update to date and i've also installed ie7. i hope this helps and give you some lead if you are still having the problem. o:-)
Reply:i had the same problem once. heres what you do,


download http://www.ccleaner.com (the free version)


after the download click on the screen icon to open it up.


while in there click on windows.


then put checks next to the lil boxes on the left, then click on the cleanup feature on the right.


then reboot your computer and try your attachments again. hope this helps, good luck


No comments:

Post a Comment